Each child who is deaf-blind faces a unique set of circumstances for which their family learns to navigate. This initiative empowers families with the resources and tools needed so they can advocate on the behalf of their child.
Resources to support family engagement:
- NCDB Families Matter!- Stories with videos and resources of children and young adults who are deaf-blind and their families.
- Montana Parent Partner Project- Parent Partners serve as the “hub” in primary care practices for coordination of health services and family support, and to ensure that all available services are fully integrated.
- Parents, Let’s Unite for Kids! – PLUK offers opportunities to connect and share with other parents, as well as education courses and an annual family conference.
- National Family Association for Deaf-Blind– the largest non-profit serving families of children who are deaf-blind. NFADB helps empower families and advocate their unique needs through providing community and Parent Education.
- The CHARGE Syndrome Foundation Family Support Groups
- Family-to-Family Support- connect with us to learn more about ways families can connect with one another.